Friday 18 September 2009

Treasure Boxes



I used the fabric I dyed yesterday to make some more of my treasure boxes. These are so exciting to make. A lovely mix of ribbons, ends of wool, sari ribbon and decorative machine stitching.
I make them in batches of three but each one is different.
I also did more of the Kool Aid dyeing, some lime green, black cherry, strawberry and grape. I am nearly at the stage of running out of dye. Good job one of the children is off to the States at the end of November! When the rest of the family came home yesterday the first question was - what had I been cooking. It led to disappointing faces when I said I had been colouring fabric!



3 comments:

  1. Those are nifty little boxes. Where does one find
    these? I love the colors.

    Thanks--Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the positive comment - I think there are fabulous colours. All made from bits and pieces and put together. I have a place on Folksy if you want to have a look there. There is a link on the sidebar.
    If you are interested I can work out a cost and postage to the States
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Catherine--
    I'll check that out.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete