Friday 4 September 2009

Summer





I have been rather busy these past few weeks, away for the weekend, catching up with children who have returned from working abroad, organising surprise parties - with the help of niece and children and husband- for a sister who deserves some good times.
So although I have been still sewing and knitting they have been repair and alterations rather than new projects. This seems to have been the first day that I have had the house completely to myself.
Anyway, during the holidays my niece went off to America with a shopping list that included Kool Aid. After tracking it down in a grocery store and not the art shop!

I had read about this stuff and Quilting Arts had a feature on it. If you want the info leave a message and I will forward it to you.

It really was the easiest dyeing I have done. When the satchet was opened my mouth started watering!! The fabric absorbed all of the colour with no colour loss on rinsing.
The outcome is rather blotchy in places but once it has been embellished they will disappear.

I wonder what is in the powder? To leave fabric with this deep colour, it looks rather like the orange that the Hare Krishna wear. In the photo I don't seem to be able to capture the depth of colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment