Monday 21 September 2009

hand sewing




I am not a lover of hand sewing - it is something I struggle with. I don't have the patience!! When the children were younger I used to machine stitch the name tags into their plimsols, anything rather than get the needle and thread out.
I appreciate that with some textiles it just gives it that finished and cared for feeling. So with the project I started using Sue Doves tutorial on this months Workshop on the Web and Gina from Fan my Flame I got together the fabrics, it is a lovely soft wool, I had been dyeing using Kool Aid and had a play.
I have included the photos as a sort of step by step stage. I am now making it up regarding where to go next.
I wish the Kool Aid did a blue colour way. Maybe they do but I haven't got it in my collection.
This will be a work in progress as I watch the tele, so it may not be finished for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment