Friday 23 October 2009

Silk paper and embroidery with a bit of gardening




Such a lovely day I wanted to get out in the garden and tidy up. We have an ash tree that overhangs our back garden and the lawn is covered with leaves. It looks all yellow. So out with the lawn mower to hoover up all the leaves!!All tidy now but with wind and rain forecast it won't last..
Also, my eldest daughter has requested some part of the garden to plant something that she can grow to eat. Never wishing to discourage her, I was sorting out part of the garden and then the hens can go and have a rumage on it. Hopefully it will be fertilised ready for planting next year. Her plan is to grow potatoes and runner beans. We shall see.

In between I have been doing some more hand sewing, got stuck with running stitch. Such a quick and effective way to sew. I think I will see if I have some sparkly thread to put round the spirals. Also would like to do this again but use a felt as a backing. The wadding shows through in places and I find this distracting. I have used a hand made silk paper so it needed some support. No I didn't make the paper, another thing to have a go at!!



No comments:

Post a Comment