Wednesday 17 June 2009

I better explain where the cushion fits in. I have recently returned from living in Australia, my husband had a job there.
I needed to find something to do. Although teacher trained unless I wanted to do supply, they were few and far between. I applied for a job as a visual arts technician, along with 350 other people, so no joy.
Melbourne, where we were living has a lot of markets, one of the best things about living there and something I miss. So my thoughts were to start out small, make some cushions and sell them at the markets. Unfortunately our plans changed and we decided to return to England. So the cushions are on a slow boat making their way to the UK.
I really like working with floral motifs - so decided on the name of Red Daisy - red and variations being my favourite colour. I didn't realise that if you did an internet search it would come up with the Daisy from Dukes of Hazzard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment